Sunday, April 14, 2013

Violet Herb Cream Cheese

The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks. ~Tennessee Williams
Good Morning Sunshine! Here is an afore mentioned recipe using sweet Violets aka Violas.
Pansies and Violets are edible. You can eat the entire flower. They make elegant hors d'oeuvres by spreading a cracker with cream cheese and topping with a whole pansy or viola. To make an herbed cream cheese you can follow my recipe or mix your own choice of herbs. Fresh herbs will always be my first choice but I used dried in this recipe. 
Here is my recipe for Herb Cream Cheese
1-8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened at room temp. 
1 tsp. Dill
1 tsp. Tarragon
1 tsp. Parsley
1 tsp. Chives
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2-3 Tbs. Viola/Pansy petals
Salt and Pepper to taste. 
Pansies or Violet for garnish
Pick and rinse flowers, lay on a paper towel to dry. 
 Blend all ingredients together except the petals. Once blended, carefully stir in petals. Spread on crackers. Top with a Pansy or violet.
mix together
gently fold in petals
Spread on crackers and top with flower
Look for another beautiful recipe later this week!

Holly's Stamping Addiction Creative Corner Blog Hop.

Tuesday

21 comments:

  1. Wanda:

    Lovely looking appetizer! I have had nasturtium but not pansies/violets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this recipe! I’ve used rose petals and pansies in cakes and ice cream. I will have to try this recipe.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMO! I can't wait for my pansies so I'm going to make it without them.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't add much in the way of flavor but they sure do purdy it up. ;-) Just sub with a slice of cucumber.

      Delete
  4. I adore using violas in things in the spring -- I'll have to try your dip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I don't have violas, but I have lots of violets that I forage from my yard. I made violet syrup the other day, that we had with oat and apple pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha, Martha, Martha. You are amazing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, if it tastes half as good as it looks it has to be amazing! So very pretty!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delicious! {Not to mention SO pretty!} Thanks so much for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! What a unique idea, and looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is almost toooooo pretty to eat. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wanda, This is such a cool idea. So beautiful and clever!

    Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas. Your comments were so sweet. Thanks for following. I am following you as well now. I think you could learn something from my adventures like what NOT to do. Ha! Heaven knows I do some dumb things. Oh, and you are coming up as a no reply blogger. Didn't know if you realized that.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! What a great idea, I love the addition of the flowers! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't that lovely? So sweet. Great for a special occasion. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't they beautiful...the pansies look so pretty.
    I have violets but have never eaten them....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely treat for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These are the prettiest! Thanks so much for sharing on Give Me The Goods Monday! I hope to see you again this coming Monday ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. so pretty, what a wonderful idea for a Spring brunch! I'll be sharing these on Be Inspired this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I’m new follower of your blog and would like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/04/clever-chicks-blog-hop-31-crayon-wreath.html

    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    Yours in poultry,
    Kathy Mormino
    The Chicken ChickTM

    Join me on Facebook
    Follow my blog: The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks beautiful and yummy. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Give me a piece of your mind.

a img { border: none; }