Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy 2014


Yup, that is one of my closets
This mess is a place! ~Author Unknown

Whew, that year flew by. I was thinking about 2014 and what resolutions I should make this year. I am a high achiever in my mind and because of that I feel like I fail at most of my resolutions each year. No daily exercise plan is implemented other than the usual running around like a chicken with my head cut off.( At least it burns the calories), No success in giving up diet soda and all sugar and I could go on....
So rather than resolving not to make any resolutions I decided to lower my expectations. If at first you don't succeed lower your standards, right? I have this all figured out. If I can determine the very least I can do in any area that I want to improve in order to feel like I am not a total loser then I will have succeeded. For instance, exercise. If my goal is to use my treadmill only twice a week this winter for 15min. That is 30min. more a week than I am doing now and anything above that makes me a super athlete. I think this could work in all areas of life. I know it sounds lame but it also makes even a little improvement doable and not overwhelming.

One thing I like to do every January after recouping from the holidays is set my mind and time towards organizing for a new year. My favorite online site is Organized Home. They provide a grand plan challenge with calendars and even reminder tips via e-mail or whatever way you choose to follow. This week is preview week where we get our ducks in a row and close out and pack up our holiday. This 14 week plan will have you all ready for Spring when it arrives as far as the deeper cleaning department and I am just thinking this could maybe count as exercise too....Check out this amazing resource and join me in my resolution to a cleaner more organized 2014. This site has so many great ideas and can really help you to have a cleaner and more organized 2014. Cynthia Townley Ewer the author of Organized Home has also written a book called House Works. Also a great resource. It is a DK (Dorling Kindersley) so is beautifully illustrated and a great reference book.

It may be helpful to remember what I stated at the beginning, "If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards". Anything above and beyond the usual makes you a Domestic Diva in your home.

Stay warm.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2014 to you too! Thanks for the encouragement and humor, it's just what I needed.

    PS: your closet puts my closets to shame.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your plans. I feel confident you will be a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Give me a piece of your mind.

a img { border: none; }