Saturday, February 8, 2014

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane


Well here it is February and where have I been all January?? ?You tell me and we'll both know. I am so busy all day I don't have a spare minute except for those few 6-8 hours every day where I am doing stuff like forgetting what I'm doing and checking in on my e-mail for a couple hours realizing I need a new bathroom fixture because my lipstick application is approaching clown status in there. Then I have to look at every fixture on the internet to pick the perfect one, which I won't buy until I then research the cheapest price and check Craigslist for an even better vintage cheaper one and then finally make the decision to buy the original one only to find it is no longer available. I am so so busy.

My post earlier on how to accomplish some positive changes in my life, aka: New Year's Resolutions is working out just fine. I have pretty much succeeding in doing the least that I can possibly do in all areas of my life that need improvement in order to at least do something more than I was currently doing. Yes, it is as pathetic as it sounds on paper. For some reason January has found me at the end of every day wondering what I did all day that kept me so busy and why is nothing done. Maybe I should just wear chap stick.

I miss posting for you. I miss hearing from you. I have to prioritize my life. Either clean that gross bathroom and those dried puppy pee spots or blog. Obviously I'm blogging.

I have actually started a few posts of the most awesome stuff you need to know and see and do but they are not finished as of yet but as I live and breathe they are staying on that New Year's resolutions list.
I wanted to leave you with something besides a rant so I have a wonderful useful beautiful fragrant breath of summer to share.

I love cooking with fresh herbs and even just smelling them and all the different leaf textures just make me experience summer even when there is 2 no make that 4-5 feet of snow. Purchasing those little packages at the grocery store can get very expensive so I found I would skip it even if it was on my list and opt for dried. This is a serious compromise to a meal. I can barely look at great food without gaining a pound so if I'm gonna actually eat it shouldn't be a party in my mouth?

 My grocery store carries little potted fresh herbs in the produce department. The selection is not extensive and the pots are small along with the precious little plants but they are also organic and cost less then $3 each. I just pick up a one or two of these even when they are not on my list and treat them as house plants. I repot them in little clay pots and they are my sub for fresh flowers. I also have fresh herbs to use when I cook. They are not as hardy in the winter time but inexpensive enough to replace as needed.

Here is my little collection with a pictorial tutorial along with  one I potted up as a hostess gift for a friend in clay pot painted with chalk board paint.
clay pots and light weight potting mix

The little pedestal is from H&Ms home collection. 

Thanks for stopping by and keep warm my friends. 
Hugs, Wanda

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you had me smiling with this post. I believe my mind works the same way.

    Love your small pots of herbs. I will try growing some like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly so good to know I’m not alone. Tomorrow is another day and we’ll just get back up and try again. If I could only find one of those 15 partial darn to-do lists I made…...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got yourself out of the bathroom. :) I love the idea of growing herbs indoors during the winter. It is definitely on my to-do list. Especially basil. Fresh basil is the BEST!!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Give me a piece of your mind.

a img { border: none; }